Taking Control of Your Research Path
Thursdays, from 3:30 - 4:40 in Carlson Library
Starting September 13 - October 18
Taking Control of Your Research Path is a six-session workshop designed for the undergraduate student who wants to pursue research at the University of Rochester but is unsure of how to get started. Students from all disciplines are welcome!
- 9/13 “You and Your Interest in Research” Introduction to Office of Undergraduate Research and FAQ about doing research at UR with Teresa Long.
- 9/20 “What Research is Happening at the UR” Find out what research is happening at the UR and discover how your interests connect to this research.
- 9/27 “Asking Questions” Learn about “informational interviewing” – to gain knowledge, not a position, and learn how Career Services can help focus your interests and strategize to pursue your ideal research experience.
- “Connect with Faculty” Faculty & student pairs describe how they met, how they work together and answer questions about best practices in getting connected
- “Investigate Potential Advisors” Find recent and highly cited publications of potential advisors and explore their social media presence.
- "Networking with Peers” Network with peer advisors and learn from their experiences and uncover opportunities in their areas.
While the sessions work well together, you may come to one or more sessions that interest you. By the end of this workshop, you may identify an interesting research group, determine what prerequisites to complete before joining a group or even join a group.
- Sue Cardinal, Outreach Librarian for Science & Engineering,
- Stephanie Barrett, Outreach Librarian for Social Sciences,
- Moriana Garcia, Outreach Librarian for Science & Engineering
If you have questions, please contact Sue Cardinal (email@example.com)
Co-sponsored by the River Campus Libraries and the Office of Undergraduate Research
Related LibGuide: Taking Control of Your Research Path Workshop by Sue Cardinal
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 Show more dates
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Ask at Carlson Q&i Desk