Navigating A Flawed System: Demystifying Research Assessment
Navigating A Flawed System: Demystifying Research Assessment Online
How your research is evaluated can have significant implications for your career trajectory, but the process of research assessment is often unclear and flawed. In this session, you will be introduced to a team of librarians dedicated to help you :
- navigate the publication and research assessment landscape,
- dive into the most common metrics being used today to assess research impact, and
- discuss the growing movement to change how scholarship is shared and evaluated.
Join us to discuss how the “economies of prestige” in academia influence your career and what you can do about it.
Want to learn more? Check DORA (Declaration on Research Assessment).
A NPAW (National Postdoc Appreciation Week) event; sponsored by UR Libraries and UR Postdoctoral Association.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Somerville Director, Carlson Science & Engineering Libraries & Research Initiatives
254 Rush Rhees Library